Glen Capeloto who most recently workrd at KKNT/KPXQ as a Senior AE resigned to taske a Senior AE position in Seatlle at Bonneville’s sports station, KIRO 700 sports. Good luck to Glen and his family.
After 15 years of co-anchoring Good Morning Arizona, Tara Hitchcock has decided it is time for her to focus her considerable talents on other endeavors. As a part of the GMAZ team with Scott, Kaley and April, Tara has been an integral part of the Valley’s morning wake up routine.
While Tara is no longer part of the GMAZ team, she will always be part of the legacy of Good Morning Arizona. We wish her continued success as she begins her new journey.
Smokey Rivers, Director of Programming and Operations for Clear Channel Media/Phoenix announced today that Brad Cesmat, format sports anchor for KTVK 3-TV in Phoenix, will debut a new daily sports talk program on XTRA Sports 910 (KGME-AM/Phoenix) on Monday, September 26th.
Rivers said, “Brad and I have had frequent discussions about juggling TV and radio commitments to become an Arizona multimedia sports commentator. While at 3TV, that was a challenge to his schedule. Radio’s prime time is days, TV’s prime time is nights, and they intersect only in afternoons when Brad and XTRA were unavailable to each other. Brad’s new plan is all about media integration, and radio is a key component. He will be featured in minute-long commentaries weekday mornings with Dan Patrick and a two hour long form show each day from noon until 2 between Jim Rome and Bickley & MJ (Dan Bickley and Mike Jurecki).”
“It’s time to get back after it”, Cesmat said “I spent the summer contemplating lots of opportunities in and out of broadcasting, but when Smokey approached me about coming back to radio to be part of such a credible daily lineup, I felt this was the right landing spot. I look forward to providing great content to XTRA Sports 910 through my commentaries in the Dan Patrick show and anchoring noon to 2. This partnership also fits nicely with my new sports production company, Sports360inc.”
Didyaknow? Brad Cesmat and PR guy Keith Woods grew up next door to each other in Valley Center, California. Which, according to Keith means “Brad lived the next orange grove over.”
Jeff England, President and Market Manager of Clear Channel’s Phoenix cluster of stations announced today that Mark Medina, Program Director of Country 102-5 KNIX and Contemporary Hit KZZP (104-7 Kiss FM), Phoenix, is transferring his programming talents to co-owned Contemporary Hit WIHT (Hot 99-5), Washington, D.C.
England added, “Mark resuscitated KZZP and returned it to its rightful place as Arizona’s hit radio powerhouse. Then, he guided KNIX to prominence among America’s great country stations, recently landing Country Music Association Awards nominations for Station of the Year; and on Ben and Matt’s account, Personalities of the Year.”
Smokey Rivers, Clear Channel/Phoenix Program and Operations Manager said, “Mark’s contribution to our programming team has been re-MARK-able. He designed great radio for Phoenix. In both his professional and personal life, Mark is a skillful leader. I wish my friend and colleague continued good fortunes in his new endeavor.”
Medina commented, “A great opportunity like I have in D.C. comes because of the experiences, expectations, commitment to excellence, and high level of daily execution found in the CC/Phoenix cluster. I’ve enjoyed 9+ great years in The Valley working with the great executive team of Susan Karis, Jeff England, Smokey Rivers; top notch air talent like Johnjay & Rich and Ben & Matt, and A-level teammates all around.”
Mark will remain with the Phoenix stations while a search for his successors begins.
LSM JOB DESCRIPTION:
Seeking an experienced media sales leader with focus on creativity, employee engagement and solutions to lead a team of media Account Executives to exceed audience share of market and exceed billing goals. Manage all aspects of local sales including coaching and developing staff, creating and implementing new business sales packages, overseeing sales promotions, managing inventory, forecasting revenue and recruiting and retaining top sales Account Executives.
- Responsible for recruiting, developing and motivating a local sales staff.
- Supervise local staff in negotiating, packaging and selling of station inventory.
- Generate revenue for the station through increased shares of existing business, the addition of new business and the development of NTR business.
- Develop and execute special projects and promotions.
- Assist in accurately forecasting revenue throughout year & exceed quarterly & annual budget
- Ability to build strong relationships with agencies and clients through strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Periodic travel & entertainment is required.
- Minimum of 4 years of broadcast/media sales management experience.
- Must have a proven track record of accomplishments and possess comprehensive communication and sales skills with the ability to develop effective sales presentations.
- Applicant must be an experienced leader and motivator with expertise in achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- Enthusiasm, creativity and a strong background in agency business and new business development are a must. Team player, an excellent problem-solver, and have the ability to develop, maintain, and grow client relationships.
- Computer literate, with a knowledge of various TV sales software systems, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point required.
- Minimum college degree and a valid driver’s license are required.
Belo Arizona provides a generous compensation plan. Full benefits including medical (day one!) and dental, vision, life insurance and paid time off within 60-90 days of employment.
If you qualify for the position, please send resume to Human Resources: 5555 N. 7th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85013. email@example.com Fax 602-207-3336. EOE.