Talent Acquisition Coordinator Matt Vangalapudi
Autofill About Us Please select to automatically complete About Us
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. Comcast Corporation owns a controlling 51% interest in NBCUniversal, with GE holding a 49% stake.
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsibilities We are looking for a dynamic leader to lead our Tucson Sales team. As Local Sales Manager you will be responsible for communicating strategies to sales team, managing and analyzing inventory, executing creative sales approaches to grow market share. This position will report to the Vice President of Sales.
• Assume a leadership role for local sales team for KHRR to formulate sales goals and competitive advantage strategies in order to grow revenue and market share using the stations broadcast and all other platforms.
• Direct the station’s sales effort through direct communication and detailed planning. Review strategies with VPoS and local team. Provide quick response and turnaround and deliver on timelines and commitments.
• Communicate clearly and consistently to upper management the station’s inventory and pricing strategy, business development goals and current market conditions to drive results.
• Work closely with Traffic department on inventory and pricing strategies, along with special opportunity sales.
• Ensure that all sales employees work and sell with integrity. Uphold Telemundo sales standards and communicate expectations for performance.
• Establish and maintain a professional, trained and motivated staff through effective implementation of Telemundo’s performance management process. Ensure training and coaching is provided for all staff.
• Drive accountability and provide feedback.
Qualifications/Requirements • Proven track record of successful revenue generation as well as growing station shares
• Experience developing local market decision maker contacts that drive revenue and new business development
• Must have an understanding of online and website sales execution/strategies
• Strong computer skills with particular proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; as well as knowledge of traffic systems
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work at the station in Tucson, Arizona
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Desired Characteristics • Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Very effective organizational and planning skills
• Ability to set strategy and tactically execute the sales strategy
• Ability to multi-task
• Working knowledge of the political sales process and paid programming sales a plus.
• Very strong negotiation skills